Thursday, November 5, 2015

Running Marathons in my Head

Today is one of those days that I am completely stuck in my head.  According to my period tracking app, Glow (which I absolutely love and recommend), I am late for my period.  However, as good as Glow is, I am irregular so there is only so much that algorithms can do to try and predict my cycle.  So in theory, I might NOT be late for my period, see my conundrum?

So my mind is going in circles, over-analyzing everything I am feeling right now.  I am nauseated, is it morning sickness?  I am emotional, are my hormones going crazy? I’m tired, is it a symptom?  I have had a couple of strange dreams, maybe my body is trying to tell me something?

Or, you know, it can all be in my head.  I had a sore throat for the past few days from a mild head cold, so maybe my ailments are all side effects of being sick. Or maybe I am a total hypochondriac and I am just driving myself absolutely crazy.  It’s all very trying on my nerves, so I am making myself anxious.

I know the best thing to do would be to relax and just let nature take its course.  Stressing isn’t helping anything, and we aren’t trying-trying, so why am I doing this to myself?  Tomorrow I take a pregnancy test, one of potentially many (woo … weekly testing). It’s an emotional rollercoaster that I chose to ride, and it can be intense.


Wish me luck, or wish me a period, either will work for me at this point!


No comments:

Post a Comment