Thursday, May 5, 2016

Let the Testing Begin!

So I got my period, which means it is time for testing ... fun fun.  This morning I want in for a fasting blood draw in which they are testing blood sugar and hormone levels.  I also peed in a cup (TMI?) but I'm not sure what that was for (I am assuming sugar or something).  I have an hysterosalpingography (HSG) test scheduled for next week.  That is a dye test that check to see if my fallopian tubes are clear.  From what I here, it's an uncomfortable test and I am not exactly looking forward to it.  In fact, I am kind of terrified of the results.

Scarred tubes have been one of my biggest fears in trying to get pregnant.  I have had abdominal surgery/infection before and it is a possibility that my tubes could be blocked. I am afraid that the results are going to confirm this, and that there is nothing I am going to be able to do.  I have been feeling less that perfect lately, like I am the thing that is holding my husband back from his goals in life, and if I get confirmation of this, I might (high probability) be a huge mess.  

So wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment